Wednesday 20 May 2020

Twiddle's Simvivor - Episode 1: Marooning & First Challenge









Fraiser: Here come our castaways now! Fresh from the boat so to speak, They've already been split into two tribes...


Fraiser: The Banyans in Orange...


Fraiser: and the Cucaroos in Blue.


Fraiser: Welcome castaways to Simvivor! In a few moments you'll be set loose on this tropical island and here you'll live for the next 39 days. But first, let's get to know some of you shall we? Lady with the feathers in her hair, you look interesting, what's your story?


Yazmin: Hi Fraiser! It's so awesome to be here! I'm Yazmin but you guys can call me Yaz, most of my friends do. Even my mom calls me Yaz, I'm only ever called Yazmin when I've been misbehaving. ;)
Fraiser: So what's with the feathers?
Yazmin: Oh, they are a personal choice, I usually have beads as is tradition from where I grew up but as we were going someplace tropical I thought feathers would be a nice touch. What do you think?
Fraiser: Lovely, very exotic, reminds me of a blue macaw and where did you grow up?
Yazmin: Sunlit Tides, on the South Island, You could almost say I'm at home in a place like this.



Fraiser: Older guy in the cream shirt, you look very worldy wise much like myself, what do you think is going to be your biggest obstacle out here?


Jerry: Well, I think my biggest obstacle will be my age given the elements but I'm one tough cookie, I'm up to the challenge.
Fraiser: I can see that you are indeed a very tough character, 39 days is a long haul though, think you could make it all the way?
Jerry: Definitley, just give me that chance and we'll see who can handle the heat. I've overcome much bigger challenges in my time, believe me...
Fraiser: Well, I suggest that you pace yourself, Simvivor is not a sprint, it's a marathon. That advice goes for all of you too.


Kristen: Don't bother me, I'll see you on day 39.
Will: Same here, I'm gonna go all the way.
Julia: What did he say about sprinting? I don't think I can run too far, I have bad ankles.
Alec: Don't worry ma'am I'll carry you if I need to.
Julia: Oooh, I bet you could as well with those big muscles. ;)


Madeline: Um, I have a question! Will we be made to eat anything living? Because I simply couldn't harm another living being, it's just not right...


Marissa: I think somebody forgot to tell her what show she was coming on. XD
Gregg: Yeah, how you gonna eat if you don't wanna kill anything? Ain't enough berries in the world to make me wanna give up meat.


Devin: If she doesn't want to eat anything that's fine by me, let her starve! One less person for me to have to compete with...
Nikita: Hey! That's not nice, don't be such a donkey's butt! :(
Devin: You'll be sorry you said that, first tribal we are going to I'm voting for you!
Nikita: Ugh! Whatever! Like can we get on with the game please?


Madeline: I'm serious guys, I just can't do it, if it's a choice between winning a challenge and killing an animal I'm gonna have to say no. It's not just cruel, it's morally wrong!


Devin: You do that, see how popular you are with your tribe. I'm just glad you aren't on our side, idiot!


Tyler: Hey now! No need for name calling, if she don't want to hurt anything that's fine by me. Ain't gonna vote her out for her beliefs, in fact I find it quite endearing. :)


Fraiser: Hate to break this up because it's excellent drama and drama equals ratings but we've got a show to do and you guys have beaches to live on, time is money people and I've got a tomb to raid! Tribes, in front of you is a small bag which contains a map to your new homes and some basic survival equipment, a pot, a machete and a walkie-talkie so you can call for help in case of emergencies, apart from that you are on your own. Collect your bags and head out, good luck and enjoy the adventure!


The Two tribes grab their supplies and head into the dense jungle of the Island interior.




The Banyans choose to trek around the left side of the Island, through the thickest part of the jungle. They come across a winding path and decide to follow it. Though it is a longer route to their camp it is easier than trying to cut through the trees, while it was a good idea at first they hadn't accounted for how much longer it would take them and they easily get split-up and lost along the way.


The Cucaroos instead decide to stick to the edge of the Jungle and to follow the rocky beaches of the right side of the Island. This saves them a lot of time and the effort of having to try and traverse the rainforest, the only set back being that many of the tribemembers are tired and hurt from climbing across almost a mile of slippery rocks.

Banyan Tribe - Day 1



Gregg: Are sure this is the way buddy? I'm sure we should have taken a left back there...
Jerry: I know what I'm doing, this way we cut half of the journey out and we'll have more time once we get to camp.
Gregg: But the map said...
Jerry: Yes! I know what the map said but this way is a short cut, I'm sure of it!
Gregg: If you say so.
Shelby: My feet are positively swollen from all this walking, I'll never buff these bruises out! I spent all that money on a pedicure for nothing!


Anthony: Woah! Look out! There's something slithering across the path ahead!
Jerry: It's the jungle! What do you expect?! The whole damn floor is slithering! Just try to keep up.


Snake: HissSSSSSS!!!


Shelby: I'm sorry darlings, this is as far as my feet will carry me. I'm going to have to take a break, let me just find somewhere to sit down for 5 minutes.


Nikita: I'm not your darling lady...
Shelby: I'm sorry sweetheart, what was that you just said?
Nikita: Nothing.


Shelby: Well anyway, I'm parched, any chance of a drink?
Jerry: We can have a drink once we get to camp, there will probably be a watering hole or something.
Shelby: I simply can't wait that long, I'll start to dehydrate!
Jerry: All the more insentive to keep moving, wouldn't you say?


Nikita: I'm thinking once we get to camp we should all get to know eachother better, what do you think?
Anthony: Sounds good to me, what do you guys do for a living then?
Nikita: I'm a journalist, freelance of course but I love a good scoop.
Anthony: Who doesn't? ;)
Gregg: Well, I'mma work in a junkyard, not very glamourous work but it pays the bills. Plus I gets to keep whatever I find, you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I've had over the years, stoves, radios, even free pizza!
Nikita: Junkyard Pizza? Eww! That's disgusting!
Anthony: Yeah, way gross, you can keep that to yourself.
Gregg: Ha! City slickers, All the more for me.


Yazmin: For Papa Mango's sake! Where have those guys gotten to? They were in front of us a minute ago.
Marissa: I think we might have overtaken them, that rich woman was complaing about her heels or seomthing, next minute they vanished.
Devin: Who needs them? I saw the map directions, I know where I'm going.


Yazmin: If we were smarter about this we would have stuck to the beaten track, nothing worse than going off into the jungle with no way of knowing what lies ahead. Trust me, I've known many people who've gotten lost out in the wilderness and never been found.
Devin: That's a good idea actually, maybe they'll get eaten by tigers or something? Then we'll have less dead weight to carry come the challenges...
Marissa: That's an awful thing to say! Why would you even think that?!
Devin: Hey, we were all thinking it, I just had the guts to say it.
Yazmin: That's not what I was thinking at all. :(


Devin: Well, here we are! Told you we'd make it... and let me guess, no sign of the others.
Marissa: They must have gotten lost along the way. I'm betting it was that turning where we got split-up, I knew I should have taken the map off of that old guy, he kept squinting at it like he was struggling to read it. I'm sure he was even holding the map upside down at one point!
Yazmin: Let's just take this time to appreciate finally being home, it's good to get back to the beach! Can you smell that sea air?


Devin: Smells like sardines and seagull poop to me, I'm gonna go and sit in the shade over by that big palm tree and wait for those losers to turn up. I gotta try and think of something witty to say when they arrive.
Marissa: I think I'll join you, I'm beat, that trek really takes it outta' you don't it? In fact, I'm so tired it's making me hungry.


Yazmin: Hmm... those are some funny looking clouds on the horizon. Wouldn't suprise me if we had a spot of rain later tonight.

Cucaroo Tribe - Day 1


The Cucaroos arrive at their camp in one big group, upon arriving at their beach a few of the younger tribemates decide to go for a swim in the ocean.


Madeline: Come on in guys! The water is really nice! A nice cold dip in the sea is just what we need to relax our muscles after all that walking.


Rachel: Sounds good to me! I'll race you guys! Last one in is a dead fish!
Alec: Outta my way! I'm not being the dead fish!
Will: Hey! Watch it! Nearly knocked me over big guy!
Alec: Woah, sorry dude, I don't know my own strength sometimes.


The younger Cucaroos play about in the water...


Whilst the older Cucaroos start building a shelter.

Julia: Oooh! My back is aching! I can't keep bending over to pick up all this timber, it's going to be the death of me. Why don't one of the younger guys come and help us?
Kristen: All this heavy-lifting don't bother me Julia, I'd prefer it actually, reminds me of good times back on the ranch. I don't appreciate the others swanning off to play in the water while we break our backs over here though.




Julia: Well, atleast we'll have somewhere to sleep tonight. Can you imagine what would happen if you left it to those kids to build us a shelter? XD We'd be living under a rock for the rest of the game, I bet!
Kristen: That's all the building work I'm doing for today, if they want a bigger shelter they can build it them damn selves!
Julia: I think you and I have both earned a well deserved break, let's go check out the beach. I saw a lovely little patch of grass just ripe for planting some tomatoes over by those rocks.


Alec: Hey Damian! Get in the water! You are totes missing out!
Damian: No thanks, I'm happy just watching.
Rachel: Don't be such a party pooper dude! Come and join us!
Damian: Seriously guys, I'd rather not, I'm fine sat here.


Will: Haha! I got you! How'd you like them apples?!
Tyler: Knock it off! I can't see if you splash water in my eyes!
Madeline: Wonder what's wrong with the red haired guy? He seems a bit upset.


Rachel: Something bothering you dude?
Damian: It's nothing really, you'd probably think it was silly anyway.
Rachel: You can trust me bro, I won't laugh, I promise. Is it because you feel left out? Seriously, I'm sorry if that's the case, I didn't mean to...
Damian: No, it's not that it's, um...


Rachel: Don't tell me, you got a really embarassing tattoo or something? OMG! Is it in a really embarrasing place? Can I see?
Damian: No way! It's just...
Rachel: You have a weird haircut under that hat? You are allergic to water? Fear of sharks? Come on dude, throw me a bone here! XD
Alec: Rachel! XD You aren't helping! Let the guy speak, it's probably nothing that dramatic, he probaly just doesn't want to get sunburn.
Damian: Um, no, not sunburn, I just don't like to, you know... take off my clothes in public. :P I feel really fat and it makes me worse seeing all you guys swimming around with tans and muscles.
Rachel: Oh...


Banyan Tribe



Jerry: Here we are! The beach! And not a bad job If I do say so myself, I think we made good time.


Shelby: You must have the worst sense of direction in the history of mankind, we've been walking in circles for hours.
Devin: Nice of you guys to finally join us, we were thinking of sending out a search party but then we realized we didn't really need you. XD
Gregg: Dang! Almost nightfall, we better get a-working on our shelter else we ain't gonna have no place to sleep. I ain't gonna be sleeping on the ground next to those big bugs that's for sure!


Anthony: I don't think I have the energy to build a shelter, I'm pooped.
(Camera Crew: Hehe, poop! XD )
Anthony: Grow up guys! I meant I'm exhausted, not that I pooped.
Nikita; I'm so sleepy, I could do with a nap after all that walking, I'm gonna just rest my eyes for a few seconds.
Yazmin: I think it will be dark before we have a chance to build anything, you guys took far too long in the jungle. :(


Jerry: Now, that's no way to be thinking. We just need a little bit of PMA!
Marissa: That some kind of tropical disease?
Jerry: Nah, positive mental attitude! If we work together we can accomplish anything! You guys start collecting some timber and I'll draw up a blueprint in the sand. I've got a neat idea on how to build a shelter, I saw it on TV once!


Marissa: Well, I hope you are better at shelter building than you are at reading a map Jerry.
Yazmin: I just hope we'll have someplace to rest our heads at night, I mean, I could sleep in a tree if I had too but I don't think all 8 of us will fit.
Marissa: I'm so hungry I could even eat these mosquitoes buzzing around.
Yazmin: You should! They are a good source of extra protein! I think you'd have to eat quite a few of them though...
Marissa: I think I just did, pleh!


Nikita: Where are we gonna get timber from? Do we just start cutting down trees or something?
Anthony: I think that's the plan.
Nikita: Is that what we use the machete for?
Anthony: I guess so? Don't ask me, I'm just a photographer...
Nikita: I've never used a machete before, this is gonna be fun!


Yazmin - Island Tour Guide

Yazmin: I don't think my tribe are the smartest bananas in the bunch. Sure they have a ton of energy but I think I'm the only one with any real survival experience, that could be both a good thing and a bad thing. If they rely on me then I'll be in a good position social wise but it's a double-edged sword, If they rely on me too much then more people are gonna be noticing my mistakes. If I do too much then when I don't do something it's gonna show.


Banyan Tribe - Night 1

Later that night the rains begin to pour and the Banyan's (Unable to build their shelter in time) have decided to give up and try and get some sleep.


Jerry: Now, I'll be the first to admit that we might have been a little hasty, we did well to get as far as we did in such a short amount of time...
Nikita: I don't think we got anywhere, we only managed to gather some logs before we got drenched.
Jerry: I think we should try and get as much rest as possible folks, who knows what tomorrow will bring, we need to save our strength.
Anthony: No offense Jerry but it's wet and cold, none of us are gonna get a good nights sleep exposed to the elements like this.


Shelby: Argh! My head is spinning, I need to take an asprin or something, haven't had a migrane like this since my husband was still alive. Anybody here know how to cure a splitting headache?


Yazmin: Jerry? Didn't you say you were a doctor? Any ideas?
Jerry: It's dark and I haven't got my glasses sweetheart, not an ideal situation to peform a check-up on a patient.
Yazmin: I've heard boiling ginger root or peppermint leaves in water and inhaling the vapours can sometimes help, maybe in the morning we could look for some?
Jerry: I've never heard such a load of Llama poop in all my life! Drinking plenty of water and some good old fashioned rest is what I'd recommend.
Yazmin: That could work too I guess...


Nikita: I for one would love to try out Yazmin's idea, I think you should try everything atleast once before you criticize it. You could also try putting something cold on your head, might ease the pain a little, that's what I do when I'm feeling poorly.


Marissa: Nope, it's no use, I'm getting soaked laying here, I think I may just float away if I stay here til morning. I'm gonna go stand under those big palm trees, try and wait out the rain.


Devin: Just when I thought this tribe couldn't get any more pathetic we sink to a new low, I can't believe I'm stuck with you guys!
Nikita: I didn't see you working on the shelter Devin, we might have got it finished in time if you'd have lent a hand...
Devin: I knew it was pointless before we started, besides Jerry said he wanted to take charge so I just let him do what he wanted. For the record, I would have had a much better shelter built by now if you guys would have let me take charge.
Anthony: Then why didn't you speak up? You could have helped!
Devin: Nah, I thought I'd let you guys make your own mistakes, I have much more fun that way! XD



Shelby: Oh, it's terrible darlings! I'm wet through! I'll never be able to dry these clothes! This is the worst night of my life!


Devin: Think yourself lucky, my suit is dry clean only, do you have any idea how much a suit like this costs?


Gregg: What you be doing wearing an expensive suit out here, you crazy or something? That's just asking for trouble!


Sometime later...


To shelter from the rain the Banyans hide under the palm trees near treemail.



Marissa: Do you think this rain will ever stop?
Anthony: Please stop asking that, it's not helping...
Marissa: Sorry, I just don't know what to talk about, I'm not good at small talk.
Nikita: I've got a cool idea! How about we play a game to pass the time? Have you guys heard of never have I ever?
All: *Collective Groan*
Nikita: Aww, come on guys, just give it a chance! Who knows? You might enjoy it! ;)


Devin: I'll pass, I'm gonna go use the bathroom, back in a sec.
Gregg: So how'd you play this I ain't never done that thing then?


Anthony: Hmm... I wonder if we can collect some of this rainwater? We could use it to have a nice cool drink?
Marissa: Sounds like a good idea, heaven knows I'm thirsty... and hungry. When are we gonna get some food is what I wanna know!
Yazmin: We could split some bamboo in half and use it to collect rainwater, make like a collection system, I've seen it done before.


Jerry: That's the spirit! Positivity! That's what will get us through the toughest of times. Always look on the brightside is what I say!


Devin - Crime Scene Technician

Devin: I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it any longer standing around listening to that garbage with those... those... IDIOTS! I thought coming out here was going to be fun but I was seriously wrong... any chance of being able to swap tribes? I think I'd actually prefer it over there with that hippy chick who won't hurt animals.


Out of nowhere, Nikita drops to the floor asleep.
Shelby: At last! I thought she was never going to shut up!
Marissa: At least someone is getting some sleep...


The Banyan's poor attempt at building a shelter lays abandoned and soaked by the rain.


Immunity Challenge - Day 2





Fraiser: Come on in guys!




Fraiser: Wait! We are missing someone... Where's Julia?


Julia: Don't mind me, Was just taking a tinkle.


Fraiser: Welcome guys to your first Immunity challenge! It looks like you are all itching to begin... and some of you are just itching for which I recommend my own brand of mosquito repellent. Anyway, without further-a-do, behind me is an obstacle course which you all must traverse one at a time.


First you'll climb up and over a large sanddune, don't be fooled, it is tough and very physically demanding.



Next you'll dive into a pool of water...


and swim under a low wooden bridge before climbing up and out.


Then you'll climb a ladder...


and cross a very rickety bridge, this is the balance section of the course. By the way, if you fall off not only will you have to go back to the start, you'll probably have a few broken bones... my advice, don't fall off.


Finally you'll climb down from the bridge and enter the puzzle section.


On the table are 3 different keystone puzzle pieces.


Which will only fit one way into the matching holes on the wall, first tribe to do so wins immunity! You cant start working on the puzzle until all your tribemates have completed the course though...


What is immunity I hear you ask? Well, it's this little guy here! An ancient tiki statue I totally didn't loot from a tomb this morning! You'll also win this crate of fire-making supplies, that should help you get a fire started and then maybe you won't get eaten in the name by wild animals... hehe, probably should of thought of that sooner. I'll give you a few minutes to stratergise and pick the order in which you'll run the course then we'll get started!


Okay guys, you've chosen your starting order. Some questionable choices but who am I to judge?


(Starting from left to right on each tribe mat, people at the front will go first then the people behind)


Simvivors ready?! GO!


(And now a montage of some challenge highlights with some motivational music of course to help the castaways get into the groove)

 



Alec and Yazmin up first, Yaz flying over the first obstacle! Alec following close behind!


Both castaways tearing up the water section of the course!


Balance bridge up next, Yazmin having a bit of a wobble!


Marissa: I don't think I'm gonna do well on the balance part, just looking at it is making me feel dizzy!


Fraiser: Dead even to the finish mat! Next two sims, GO!


Both tribes celebrate their tribemates speedy assault of the course.




Kristen, struggling on the sanddune! Need to dig deep!


Nikita, also taking it slow and steady...


But making a big comeback on the dive! Classic divebomb, I give it an 8! Great form!


Kristen a little less graceful, I give it a 5 for effort but that was a hard fall!


Nikita, ahead all the way, Kristen trailing behind on the ladder!


Jerry, taking his sweet time! Might as well be going for a paddle! Move it Jerry!


Jerry: Curse these old bones! I can't keep up with the younger fella!


Jerry: Won't you slow down and give an old guy a chance?


Cucaroo, ahead most of the way in this challenge, Banyan losing their early lead thanks to some of their slower tribemembers...


Only 2 from each tribe left to run the course! GO! GO!


Shelby, falling back down the sanddune... and odd stratergy, keep pushing Shelby!



Ooops, Shelby takes a tumble, does a barrel roll straight down the dune into the pool!


That looks like it hurt!


No sympathy from Julia who like me finds it hilarious and great TV. XD


Damian: After a fall like that I got nothing to worry about, nothing could make me look that silly!


Damian slowing his tribe down, could be a close race if Banyan can capitalize on this opportunity...


Keep going Damo! Just the balance beam to go!


Shelby walking across like it's nothing! Quite the display!


Banyan's arriving at the finish mat first! Go Banyan! Get to work on that puzzle! Julia bringing up the rear for Cucaroo, when she reaches the mat you can start.


Go both tribes! It's anyone's game at this point!



Anthony on the puzzle for Banyan, easily working out the sequence, he's got one already!


Kristen hoping for a comeback, working out the puzzle for Cucaroo, can she do it?


Anthony slowing down, is he puzzled by our puzzle? I know I was! Took me nearly 10 minutes to complete it...


Kristen: I can't work this thing out, it's worse than algebra! Come on brain, don't fail me now!


Fraiser: Kristen can't make sense of the keystones, she's going to pass it over to Julia who's stepping in for Cucaroo.


Julia helping her tribe by making short work of the puzzle, she's got another keystone in place! Will and Rachel guiding her through it piece by piece.


Is it a case of too little, too late? Has Julia managed to be the hero Cucaroo needed? Has she finished the puzzle faster than the Banyans?

...

...

...

...

... 






...

...

...

...

...



No! Anthony is first to finish! Banyan wins Immunity and fire! Congrats guys, no tribal council for you, you can head back to camp with your heads held high!


The Banyan tribe celebrates their win.


Unfortunatley, Cucaroo, I got nothing for you, I'll see you tomorrow at Tribal Council where one of you will be the first to leave the island. You'll have some time to think about who that will be, Goodnight!


The Cucaroos defeated, leave the challenge beach and head back to camp.



Anthony - Fashion Photographer

Anthony: Oh yeah! I kicked butt in that challenge today! I think if anyone on my tribe had doubts about me before now they know that I'm a beast! I look forward to taking the idol and the fire making supplies back to camp and getting a nice roaring fire going for the tribe. It'll be nice to have something to finally unite us all after the really bad start we had. Guess you could say things are looking up for the Banyans.


Julia - Retired Elementary School Teacher

Julia: I tried my darndest on that puzzle but I just couldn't do it... I hope my tribe doesn't blame me for the loss. If I'd have had more of a headstart then I might have been able to finish it but we'd wasted so much time on the obstacle course there was very little hope of us catching up. Tribal council is going to be a scary experience for all of us, I just hope we choose the right person to vote out, It'd be a shame to have to leave so soon.


Rachel - Party DJ

Rachel: Well that sucks, I didn't want to have to visit Tribal Council so soon but looks like that's where we are heading. Kristen really let the side down during the challenge, she sucked at both the puzzle and the obstacle course. I think my vote is gonna go for her, she's also not very nice to us in general. Ever since we first got to our beach she's been really passive agressive to me, I just don't understand it, what did we ever do to her?


Tribal Council to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment